Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Recently Google enabled its Analytics service to be used on your Google Apps account. I have it under my @gmail.com account. How can I move it from @gmail.com to Google Apps (without re-registering all of my websites, users, filters, etc.)?

Let me clarify more: I have one old Google account (xxx@gmail.com) where I have Google Analytics. I have another Google account (xxx@my-own-domain.com) where I would like to seamlessly transfer my Google Analytics to. Is it possible? If so, how?

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

I think I've found the answer:


You cheat by adding another user (the one at @my-own-domain.com) to Google Analytics, giving him administrative rights and then revoking those rights from another user (the one at @gmail.com).

Or maybe there is another way?

Here's also a similar discussion:

Transfer ownership of Google Analytics accounts?

share|improve this answer
Yes, this is how you do it. However, don't remove the original Gmail user, in case something happens to the Google Apps account. They had a bug last month where migrated Google Apps accounts kept getting redirected to the sign-up page, and the only thing that saved me from being locked out of my Analytics account during that time was that I had my original Gmail account as an admin user. So, keep that Gmail account as an admin for redundancy. – Guillermo Esteves Dec 19 '10 at 15:21
Agreed, don't remove original user, no harm. – Ben Orozco Dec 20 '10 at 4:47

Does this link from Google help?

share|improve this answer
Not really. It's a different case. – Paweł Gościcki Dec 13 '10 at 12:09

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.