I'm using Google Apps and trying to share a nested folder structure with many files with a google group.
Shared Folder Structure
Sharing with individual users works
If I share the parent directory with the users individually (i.e. email@example.com), it works as expected:
- The folder structure shows up in the Folders Shared with Me section
- The files show up in the Files Shared with Me section
Sharing with groups doesn't work
If I share the parent directory with a group (firstname.lastname@example.org) that contains the same individual users, it doesn't work as expected:
- The folder structure does not show up in the Folders Shared with Me section
- The files do not show up in the Files Shared with Me section
- However the files do show up in the All Files section
Why isn't this working?
Any ideas why there are different behaviors when sharing with individual users vs. sharing with groups and is it possible to make this work?