Before I scratch my own itch and implement this I wanted to make sure this isn't already out there. What I'm looking for is:
- the search results of 2 (could be more, but at least two) search engines shown side by side, using iframes for example (I will be using it with Google and duckduckgo)
- the site can have it's own search UI (box + button) but more important is that it supports the sort of URL based search API that allows me to integrate it into my browser (i.e. Firefox and Chrome can take a bookmark to any URL with a %s in it, assign it a keyword and you can then do "keyword " and have the %s substituted for )
- it should support Google's encrypted search version (the HTTPS version)
What I am NOT looking for:
- Traditional "meta-search engines" such as MetaCrawler or Dogpile that merge the result sets together. I am looking for displaying the actual result pages of each service next to each other.
- Any additional UI, features or bells and whistles.