Several people in my organisation get this message in the following set up:
- email@example.com (using Google apps) forwards everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Someone invites email@example.com
- While logged in under firstname.lastname@example.org, they open the email and click "Yes" (or No or Maybe).
Some of us actually have a third layer, email@example.com, which is not a mailbox, but just forwards everything to firstname.lastname@example.org, and people sometimes send calendar invitations to that address. (Not sure if this is relevant).
They can instead do "Add to calendar", but that means the original sender doesn't get an attendance update.
There is very little information on this message on the web, so I think this must not be a general policy.
I would love to know:
- Does anyone have a set up like the above that doesn't have this problem?
- Is there anything we can do about it? Any suggested workaround?