Many of the sites I use provide RSS activity feeds. Right now, I merge them together using FriendFeed, in order to aggregate all my online activity in a single place, and maintain a permanent record. However, Friendfeed seems to be lagging behind since the acquisition by Facebook, and I'm considering switching.
I don't really care about the whole social aspect, I just want to merge multiple feeds, and access them from a single place. Service-specific logic is not strictly necessary, support for plain RSS would be enough. But there are some other requirements that are not satisfied by most simple RSS aggregators I've tried (eg. Yahoo Pipes).
- It should be very simple to add new sources, and retroactive import would be great.
- Copies of entries should be stored, as most feeds don't preserve the past (this is crucial).
- Everything should be exportable in a reasonable format.
- Output readable both for humans (HTML) and machines (RSS) would be nice.
- Once configured, it should work without any manual intervention.
Do you know a service like that, or do I have to code it myself?