In short: In Gmail, is there a way to let the "send from" address change automatically depending on which of my accounts it was sent to?
I recently joined a team (of developers) and they provided me with an email address on their domain (for if I have business with a client or something).
- Anything sent to firstname.lastname@example.org is forwarded by the team.com mail server
- I'm using Gmails "send mail as" functionality to send email through smtp.team.com.
- I receive emails and I can send them, so that works
- I have my default "send as" address setup as me@Gmail.com, which I would like to keep since I send 90% of my mail through there.
Now I'm wondering how to do the following, if at all possible:
- when I receive an email at email@example.com (as opposed to me@Gmail.com), and I reply to it, my "send as" address will change automatically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I can do it manually, but I know I'm going to forget sooner or later, confusing the hell out of people since the team lets me use a pseudonym.
I hope my question makes sense, and I'm sure it's easily answered by a "no, not possible" or "yes, option X in tab Y".