At our department we are planning to repeatedly do some tests. For that, we need interested volunteers – and we can't test with the same persons over and over again.
We would like to keep a record of interested parties. Here are some features I'd imagine:
- People should be able to sign up with their e-mail address
- We can select a subset of people for an experiment and send them a mail
- We can see which people already participated and how often they took part
- People can sign out at any time
- Nice to have: People can enter when they have time to participate
Now, this sounds like a mailing list tool. I'd be fine with using something like that, but I only know phpList and – in my opinion – it's a bit hard to manage, configure and customize.
- Is there a web application (or something we can host on our servers) for that?
- Or: Is there a simple mailing list application that would to the job?
I should also mention that it needs to be free.