I have started writing a technical book. I wish to publish it as a work-in-progress.
- I want new visitors to see the current contents, probably starting at a TOC.
- I want return visitors to see what I've changed since their previous visit, also probably a TOC but sections marked with revision date.
- I want everyone to be able to make comments.
- I want some way of dealing with spam that doesn't take up too much of my time.
- I want to distinguish minor edits from additions and major revisions.
I think that doing this as a blog wouldn't work well because visitors couldn't easily see the table of contents or otherwise see the context of a new addition.
Has anyone seen anything like this?
Edit: I'm not looking for a collaboration tool where multiple people write something together. I'm looking for a tool where only I write and publish, and anyone else can make comments, which are also visible to everyone.
I'm trying to do a first draft in MediaWiki, marking all the main pages as protected and leaving all the discussion pages as unprotected. I think this will fail on points 2 and 4.