Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can I change/correct my birthday on my Facebook profile after it was set incorrectly?

My roommate and a friend of hers went on my computer where my Facebook was open and changed my birthday. Apparently, when she decided to hit save, it asked if she was sure because it wouldn't be able to change back and she clicked "Yes" anyway.

The notice is:

Note: you can only change your birthday a limited number of times.

Now I am unable to change my birthday back and am very upset about it.

Is there anything that can be done so that I can once again have my birthday on my profile and have it be correct?

share|improve this question

migrated from stackoverflow.com Sep 27 '11 at 2:02

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

Facebook has limits in a place around the number of times you can edit your birthday. If you recently edited your birthday, you may have to wait a few days before changing it again.

Resource: Facebook Help

share|improve this answer
Do you know what "a few days" actually translates to? – ChrisF Jan 10 '12 at 11:56
@ChrisF: I haven't experienced it but it should not take too long. Have you tried to change your birthday? – Mehper C. Palavuzlar Jan 10 '12 at 14:21
No. There was an answer from a low rep user asking the same thing. – ChrisF Jan 10 '12 at 14:28

Your best option is to contact Facebook through this form and hopefully they should get back to you.

share|improve this answer

protected by Community Feb 18 '12 at 14:44

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?