I haven't tested this, but since the new lists feature, you are able to share your statuses with different groups of people.
When I share something, how do I choose who can see it?
Before you post, look at the audience selector. Use the dropdown menu to choose who you want to share a post with.
Custom (Includes specific groups, friend lists or people you’ve specified to include or exclude)
Taken from this help page.
- Create your list
- Go to Privacy settings
- Choose Custom as your default option
- Choose Friends from the Make this visible to drop-down list
- Insert the above created list in the Hide this from field
- Click Save Setting
Now the default visibility for your posts will be Friends without the persons in the above created list (Custom), so they will not see your usual posts.
- To include them also, click on the "audience selector" button (the one at the left of Post) and choose Friends
- To post only for them, click on the "audience selector" button (the one at the left of Post) and:
- Click on See all lists...
- Click on the respective list(s)
However, please note that the persons in the respective group will see each other's names if they click on the post's sharing icon.