As of July 2015, (question asked back in 2011) you still (!) can't do much offline beyond see lists of cards, but:
- The Android app now (since 27th May 2015) has "Offline Support" in its "Working on" section (with a whopping 3122 votes - follow the link to vote and encourage them on). But don't get your hopes up, because here is what they say about it:
Yes, we are working on this. We have a plan on what we need to do. It's a big project and it will be a long while before we have something to show you.
- For the iOS app, "Edit while offline" has been in the "Todo" category since August 2013 (with an impressive 1543 votes - follow the link to vote and encourage them on). However, the following are apparently already supported offline:
You can currently:
- create cards while offline
- add comments while offline
- upload attachments while offline
- view cached boards while offline
working on expanding this. We have a plan on what we need to do. It's
a big project and it will be a long while before we have something to
- There's also a Windows 8 app. However, I can't find an equivalent status board, and here's what one reviewer ("0035", 7/15/2015, can't link to review) says about using it offline:
...unfortunately, other than viewing my lists, I can't do anything [while offline]
without it falling apart.
Any editing to my board (e.g. adding a
list, adding a card , editing card details) is usually not registered
and, in some cases, causes the app to crash.