24 hours ago, Gmail started removing newlines from some emails, so the whole email I sent is an understandable one-line glob.
- Using Chrome 15.0.874.106 on Ubuntu 2011.04. No problem with Firefox.
- Reproducibility ~50%, 4 times since yesterday, never before, despite no software updates since a week.
- Happened on emails in Japanese (may not be relevant).
- Sometimes not all of the line feeds are removed. Copy-pasted lines are particularly prone to have their line breaks deleted. Copy-pasting via a text editor does not solve the problem.
- I always use "Plain text", never "Rich formatting"
I have sent feedback to Google, but I am curious whether this bug is documented already, I could not find it.
QUESTION: Is this bug documented somewhere?