Method 1: Manual, any list or client
As mentioned priorly, you can do it manually:
- Click Reply and make sure your mail client quotes the original note. You get a reply including the entire digest, with a subject line something like "re css-d digest 2007-06-30".
- Scroll down to the note within the digest that you want to reply to.
- Delete everything before and after the note except its separate subject line.
- Cut and paste the original subject line to replace the digest subject line.
- Type your reply.
- Verify that the address is going to where you want it to go.
Method 2: MIME attachments, 'Mailman' listserv software
If the list is using the popular 'Mailman' software, it supports sending the digested articles as separate message/rfc822 MIME attachments. As long as your mail client supports replying to attached mails, you can reply to the attached mails like you would reply to a
normal mail. Apples iphone supports this, and Mozilla Thunderbird email client supports this (though oddly).
To turn it on in Mailman, go into the about / listinfo page for the list that you want (there can be many unrelated lists within each mailman instance). Now find your way into the 'edit scubscription options' page (which may also be the unsubscribe page). Now look for the option something like:
Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?
Select MIME and wait for the next digest to come at you with seperate email attachments.