I have not been able to reproduce this.
Here are my steps
- Go to http://apps.facebook.com/twitter (which will tell you to do 2)
- Go to http://twitter.com/settings/profile
- Connect to your Facebook account (your personal one)
- Select my Facebook page:
- Tweet away
Though based on this https://support.twitter.com/articles/31113, you may have problems
Note: If you have previously removed the Twitter app from the app settings in your Page Manager on Facebook, there is currently no way to reconnect. We are working on a fix and hope to have one soon
Things I have noticed, if you use this link
https://apps.facebook.com/twitter/?fb_page_id=<PAGE_ID> it deselects the settings. So you have to re-enable it. So try not to use the settings through the page manager but from your personal profile, i.e. the bare link
Based on how Facebook previously worked you were not redirected to your personal profile when adding apps to your Pages. So I think this is what Twitter is trying to resolve.
I'm sure this has been tried before (and if this is indeed a bug, I don't I want to remove my application from my page) but try the following steps (in order):
- Deselect pages from all Twitter accounts and save (on Twitter.com side)
- Disconnect from all Twitter accounts (on Twitter.com side)
- Remove the
Manage my pages permissions
- Remove the
Post on my behalf permissions
- Remove the app
- Logout Twitter
- Logout Facebook
- Clear cookies (You can use Edit this cookie to selectively clear cookies)
This is by no means the solution but something to try because I cannot actually reproduce the problem.