I'm using Google Groups for Business (new "/forum" style released this week but same results as old) on an Apps domain. For an example use case, imagine an HR team dealing with enquiries from employees.
- Anyone in the org (employees) can post questions to the group via email.
- Employees shouldn't see each other's questions (they are not members of the group).
- HR team members work from the groups web interface and provide answers that are i) emailed to the employee and ii) kept as replies in the group.
My question is: How do I reply (3i) and keep a copy in the group (3ii) at the same time?
What I've tried (in new groups):
- When I choose "Reply to author" it goes to the original poster but not to the group for archive and there's no option to "Add Cc".
- When I choose "Post Reply" it goes to the group but not to the original poster and if I "Add Cc" as a workaround then I don't have access to the original poster's email address (Keep email addresses private? is set to NO) and to cc is counter intuitive and prone to forgetting anyway.