I have the following scenario:
- a Google account with 2-step verification turned on
- verification is tied up to the iPhone app
- iPhone app got blown away accidentally
- however, the iPhone itself is perfectly ok and accessible
- the backup phone is inaccessible as its SIM-card has expired and the operator allocated this number to someone else
- the password for the Google account is of course known
How do I get access to my Google account? Is there any way to get Google to send a code to my phone number so I can sign in? The login interface only offering to sent the code to the backup number that I don't have access to. Maybe there is some "secret place" where I can ask to send it to my main phone number?