I'm searching for a free and ad-free blog service that offers an export (web-native, so no 3rd-party service and no local tool) of all blog posts, tags and comments in a machine-readable format (SQL, XML, CSV, …; I'd prefer a database dump).
The required blog functionality is pretty basic:
- comments (no 3rd-party service like Disqus!)
- feeds (at least 2: recent posts and comments)
- own subdomain (like
example.comwould be the service provider)
What I found so far:
- antville.org: no comment feed ☹ (offers an export, but not sure if it also contains comments)
- blog.de: ? (can't find feature overview)
- blogger.com: ☻ offers export (part of dataliberation.org)
- drupalgardens.com: ☻ offers export (database, yay! ☺)
- livejournal.com: not ad-free ☹
- posterous.com: no export
- tumblr.com: no comments ☹ (also no export)
- weblogs.us: ? (currently no new signups possible)
- wordpress.com: not ad-free ☹ (offers export, though)
- xanga.com: not ad-free ☹ (export only in paid plans)
So as far as I see there are only two services: blogger.com and drupalgardens.com. Drawback of blogger.com:
this ugly bar at the top (for search, G+ and navigation to other blogs) (can be deactivated; thanks MaryC.fromNZ). Drawback of drupalgardens.com: only 50 MB storage in the free plan.
Does one of the other services offer the required functionality contrary to my research?
Are there services I missed that offer the required functionality?