Before the solution First read the reason of the problem:
Following the solution on link
I have entered my name and date of birth in step3 (screen shot no.3),after entering gmail credentials in step2(screen shot 2), instead of clicking on “sign in to connect”(screen shot 3)
so yahoo make the new yahoo account as email@example.com instead of linking the gmail id to yahoo id.
Thus who do such mistake not got linked their gmail id to yahoo id.
So first we need to delete the yahoo account created with gmail id and then go to link gmail id to existing yahoo id for login purpose.
Here is the solution:
- First login using your Gmail ID or Facebook ID you want to add to Yahoo ID
- Go to the home page and click over your name it will open the Yahoo profile
- Now click on your name on top left on Yahoo profile page, their you found option account info
- Click on the account info and it will ask again for password, enter the password again and open account info page
- On account info page look for Manage other accounts to sign into
- Click on this option and you will find your Gmail ID here and in front of it you see the remove option, now click on remove option
- This will close the your account associated to Gmail ID
Now follow the procedure on this link and you will be able to connect your Gmail ID to Yahoo ID.