Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm about to go to China for a few weeks, and would like to have my Facebook friends see my updates and photo postings. Facebook and other western social networks are blocked in China, so I had an idea to create an account on Weibo.com, the "Chinese Twitter".

Now, I'm looking for a tool like Twitterfeed, but so I can connect my Weibo to Facebook. I don't need Facebook to go to Weibo, just Weibo to Facebook. I realize it's "write only" from my perspective in China, but that's OK.

I searched for RSS feeds from Weibo, but didn't find anything useful. IFTTT has some recipe for Weibo > Facebook, but the "Sina microblogging RSS generator" it links to seems to be a pay service.

share|improve this question
Curiously, Instagram was not blocked when I was in China (Dec'12-Jan'13). This was how I shared the photos to facebook. Other things that don't work: Google+ (mostly because Picasa is blocked) as well as Google Drive. I read that Google Drive was blocked the day it went online, with rumors of China blocking it to protect Chinese cloud services. – Fuhrmanator Jan 28 '13 at 12:20

FaWave does exactly what you needed, and I'm using the same. http://techrice.com/2011/06/03/fawave-the-easiest-way-to-post-to-twitter-and-sina-weibo-simultaneously/

share|improve this answer
FaWave requires a VPN to post to western social media sites. If I had a VPN, I wouldn't need to ask the question. I could post to Facebook directly. VPNs cost money but Weibo does not. – Fuhrmanator Feb 23 '13 at 23:40

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.