Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How to change links of the Google bar?

How do you rearrange the Google Bar in Firefox using CSS? I know there's an add-on (You Google Bar), but I'd prefer a CSS alternative.

share|improve this question

migrated from superuser.com Dec 28 '12 at 2:49

This question came from our site for computer enthusiasts and power users.

marked as duplicate by Alex, Sathya Dec 28 '12 at 6:21

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Are you talking about the Google Toolbar for Firefox which has been discontinued ("There will be no further updates or security fixes to Google Toolbar for Firefox. For this reason we strongly recommend discontinuing the use of the toolbar.")? Also, by rearrange do you mean you want to rearrange the icons on the toolbar? – Karan Dec 27 '12 at 23:47
Not the Google toolbar, the Google bar. The You Google Bar effects only the Google Bar, I hadn't heard of the "Google Toolbar" – asymptotically Dec 28 '12 at 0:05
Ah, the actual bar on Google.com... – Karan Dec 28 '12 at 0:11
Thanks for the duplicate link, I didn't realize there was a WebApplications SE and that was a helpful link. – asymptotically Dec 29 '12 at 2:39
up vote 2 down vote accepted

If you have Firebug installed you can view the id's of the element by right-clicking on the item and selecting "Inspect Element with Firebug". The Google bar seems to be an unordered list with class gbt for the elements. To apply custom css you could use a tool like stylish although you might want to use Javascript for more control using something like Greasemonkey.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.