I'm currently doing research on social media usage. We (my research partner and I) target a group of 250 people. We 'test' them with on the following indicators:
If they have a Twitter account:
- How many tweets on date A and date B do they have(for an average amount in a period of time)?
- How many followers on date A and date B (for an average amount in a period of time)?
- How many times are his/her tweets retweeted between date A and B?
If they have a Facebook account:
- How many friends on date A and date B (same reason as for Twitter)?
- How many likes on date A and date B (same reason as for Twitter)?
- If they have a LinkedIn account, how many connections on date A and date B (same reasons as for Twitter)?
By 'the amount on date A and date B' -> I mean the total amount of ex. tweets he/she had on that date, not the newly created tweets on that date.
I know I have to collect all those usernames by myself. But when talking about collecting the data: Is there any way I could automate this? What tools do you recommend ? I've seen a lot of Twitter/FB analysis tools, but none seem to do exactly what I want (although the tool doesn't need to make an average amount over time (Excel can do that), it should be able to analyze the total amount of tweets/likes etc on a certain date).