I'm looking for a free/opensource todo webapp that I can host myself and that provides a good user experience on a phone. I didn't find any for now.
First there were myToDoListPHP by Antonio Lupetti (http://woork.blogspot.de/2007/10/simple-to-do-list-in-php-and-ajax-to.html). Then it was forked by Max Pozdeev (http://blog.mytinytodo.net/) that made the application what it is today. Then it was forked again by Alexander Adam (http://www.yourtinytodo.net/) that brought new interesting features in version 1.0a.
Now what we have with yourtinytodo is a todo list with the following features :
- Multiple lists
- Task notes
- Tags (and tag cloud)
- Due dates (input format: y-m-d, m/d/y, d.m.y, m/d, d.m)
- Priority (-1, 0, +1, +2) -Different sortings including sort by drag-and-drop
- Password protection
- Smart syntax improves creation of tasks (usage: /priority/ Task /tags/)
- Print-friendly CSS
- Style for mobiles devices
- multi user support
Currently I'm using mytinytodo which is not usable on a phone, like it is the case for yourtinytodo : The mobile UI is neither suitable nor usable on small/touch screens. There is no API (https://github.com/alex-LE/yourTinyTodo/issues/12) for now ; I think that's why there isn't any phone app.
The best example of what I would like to see is what Andrew Dolgov did with Tiny Tiny RSS. TT-RSS is an open source web-based news feed reader/aggregator that features a nice JSON based API. It enabled developpers to create a lot of alternative client apps (https://github.com/search?q=tt-rss) based on this API, including great phone apps.
I'm sure lot of people are also interested into this need to host its own todo webapp, so :
- If someone can redirect me to an existing project that provides what I'm looking for, please do so :D
- Else, developpers I/we need you.