Take the 2-minute tour ×
Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need to save a topic on Facebook. The page contains a very offensive topic, which the author has deleted, when he realized he could be prosecuted.

I tried:

404. Thats an error.
was not found on this server.
That’s all we know.

How can I open a cached version of that page in order to save it for legal purposes?

share|improve this question
Not everything is visible to Google, so not everything will have a cache. If the page has privacy settings or wasn't up for long enough, there may be no cache. Take a screenshot? –  jam Mar 27 '13 at 16:15
Also, IANAL but something on facebook being 'offensive' probably isn't enough to sue someone unless it's directly libellous, I would think. –  jam Mar 27 '13 at 16:17
@J20 thank you anyway –  Darkeden Apr 1 '13 at 18:43
How about a print screen? –  Alex Oct 16 '13 at 8:17
@Alex, print screen isn't enough in legal cases since it could be just an edited image. –  Darkeden Oct 22 '13 at 16:29

1 Answer 1

You can try using an application that can view your cache files:


share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.