There are several occasions where I'd like to set up a page with "topic + discussion forum" for my corp but after hunting and playing with a variety of tools, I've yet to find the right, easy to use solution.
Some example usecases -
- Competitor tracking -- I'd love to be able to set up a page for "Microsoft" or "IBM" and let sales/marketing/whomever casually upload content & discuss that topic
- Customers -- set up a page for each major customer ("ACME", "XYZ Corp", etc.)
- Trip Reports -- set up a page for a major conference ("CES", "GameDevelopersConf", etc.") and let people add their trip reports / meeting notes to that page
- Technology -- a page for diff APIs, tech, etc. used within the company
Ideally, I'd love to be accumulate all this content within a searchable index and then, when we onboard a new employee, just let them surf through this repository for a while and get up to speed on history & context
Some of the products I've tried include
- Google Sites -- provides too much freedom and seems to be overkill for this "conversation tracking"
- Yammer (& others) -- more focused on a newsfeed than a growing collection of "context" around a given topic ; yes, you can search by hashtag but the content gets ugly fast
- various corporate blogging tools -- provide a chronological order rather than focus on latest /greatest
...and a few more that I'm sure I'm forgetting
any product suggestions and/or ways to get this sort of functionality out of existing ones? I can't be the only person looking for something like this...