Google Code's downloads feature allows project maintainers to upload binary files at no cost, either:
- using the web interface, or
- using an API, which is very convenient to integrate in build script.
PROBLEM: This downloads feature will be retired on January 15, 2014.
Is there an alternative?
- Upload file via API
- Anyone can download from direct URL, no delay nor advertisement/registration step
- Domain that inspire confidence in the Open Source community. For instance, a service at "gnu.org" would be better than a service at "warez.biz".
- Website usable by smartphone.