Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know how to update or fix a PDF link in Google Scholar once it has become broken?

I have co-authored some papers, but when I got a job at a new school the old one shut down my old institutional website. I now keep my papers on a Google Site, but they don't seem to be getting re-indexed on Scholar (maybe because it is not a .edu site).

Does anyone know a fix for this?

share|improve this question

migrated from superuser.com May 24 '13 at 15:21

This question came from our site for computer enthusiasts and power users.

up vote 2 down vote accepted

You can submit a website with academic articles to Google Scholar (see Inclusion - Scholar Help).

They specify:

We accept journal papers, conference papers, technical reports, dissertations, pre-prints, post-prints, and abstracts.

If your new institution hosts your papers as part of your CV or something to that effect, however, you might have an easier time of getting the record updated (see Google scholar missing paper issue clarified) since Google Scholar points out that they do not correct individual entries:

We're not currently able to perform manual correction on individual entries in our database since the indexing is done automatically by robots.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.