When you plan a vacation with family or friends, you may want to let the people know that you are on a vacation and how can they contact you. For this, you can set up a vacation responder in Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo. Here is how you can put a vacation responder message in your e-mail account:
Gmail Vacation Responder Setup:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings icon at top-right corner of your mail screen.
- Scroll down to Vacation Responder section.
- Select Vacation Responder on option and set the date range, subject
- Select Only send a response to people in my Contacts option if you
only want the responder message to be delivered to people in your
- Click Save Changes.
Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Responder Setup:
- Login to your Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Click on the Options button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select More Options from the drop-down. Options page opens.
- Click on Sending automated vacation replies option.
- Setup vacation reply message and uncheck Only reply to your
contacts option if you want to reply to everyone.
- Click Save.
Yahoo Vacation Responder Setup:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Click on Mail Options in the drop down of the Settings icon at the
top-right corner of your mail screen.
- Click on Vacation Response in Mail Options screen at left panel of
the mail screen.
- Select Enable auto-response during these dates (inclusive) option.
- Enter date range and message.
- Click Save.
You can setup different messages for different domain emails by selecting Different response to emails from specific domain.