I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track student loan outs that will automatically put the date in an adjacent cell. The spreadsheet would be set up like this:
- Column 1 would be "name"
- Column 2 would be a drop down of what was loaned out
- Column 3 would be the date
- Column 4 would be a drop down menu again
- Column 5 would be the date
- Column 6 would be the drop down menu again
- Column 7 would be the date
I Would like it to work so that each time i select something from the drop down menus, the current date would automatically be fill the adjacent cell so that I can track what was loaned out and the date each loan out was given. I am not sure if this is possible. I saw a script from OnenOnlyWalter that would add the date to column 2 and I tried to modify it so that it would work for multiple columns but no such luck.