WebRTC support is now available in Firefox and Chrome. Are there any actual applications, most likely - websites, that use it in a way that could replace the functionality of Google Hangout and Skype? I refer to (relatively) simple things:
- Conference for multiple people (say, at least up to 10) with video and audio
- Text chat (preferably persistent)
- Privacy (the ability to limit a conference to certain accounts or domains)
- Public broadcasting (like Live Hangout, which broadcasts to YouTube; of course, it doesn't have to be YouTube)
- Screen-sharing (at least read-only, though being able to click a partner's screen would be a nice bonus)
Though WebRTC sounds like a very hot technology, it's surprisingly hard to find applications that provide the above features in a robust. Of course, it's possible that I didn't search well.