Take the 2-minute tour ×
Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to have something written in the top-left corner and top-right corners of my document. So I want some text aligned to the right, some to the left, at the same height. I could do it with spamming the space bar, but then if I change the font size or anything it will be broken again. Is there any way to do this more neatly?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

In the ruler above your document, click where you want the right-most character to be. Then select the option that pops up: "Add right tab-stop".

add tab stop

Then, on that line, type your left-most text as normal, then hit the Tab key until your cursor is located at the tab-stop you just created and type your text. You should notice that it fills in from the right. Now you shouldn't have issues when you change your font.


If the ruler is not appearing above your document, make sure you have View > Show ruler checked.

(More at Page setup)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.