Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to have something written in the top-left corner and top-right corners of my document. So I want some text aligned to the right, some to the left, at the same height. I could do it with spamming the space bar, but then if I change the font size or anything it will be broken again. Is there any way to do this more neatly?

share|improve this question
  1. Make sure you have View > Show ruler checked.

  2. In the ruler above your document, click where you want the right-most character to be. Then select the option that pops up: "Add right tab-stop".

    add tab stop

  3. Then, on that line, type your left-most text as normal, then hit the Tab key until your cursor is located at the tab-stop you just created and type your text. You should notice that it fills in from the right. Now you shouldn't have issues when you change your font.


(More at Page setup)

share|improve this answer
And how do we remove a tab stop? – Pacerier Nov 24 '15 at 17:08
@Pacerier: How do I remove a tab stop in Google Documents? – Al E. Nov 24 '15 at 17:21
Nice, though Google still seems to lack the "applying single vertical tab stop to all rows" feature. Creating an invisible table to do seems to have a lot of margin spaces even after setting both the table border and cell spacing to 0. – Pacerier Nov 24 '15 at 18:42

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.