Now that xmarks is closing (See blog: http://blog.xmarks.com/?p=1886 ), I am looking for a bookmark sync solution that has the following features:
- "Secure", i.e. unauthorized users should not have access to my bookmarks
- Works across multiple browsres (Firefox, IE, Chrome for sure; Safari and others optional)
- Works Across multiple platforms (Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux; Optionally, android/iphone)
I am aware of the following solutions, but they each have limitations:
- Firefox Sync: Does not work with IE/Chrome
- Chrome Bookmark Sync: Does not work with IE/Firefox
- Zinkmo: Claims to work with IE and Firefox, but I find very few users using it. Anybody using it here?
- Windows Live Essentials: Does not work with Chrome/Firefox
Yes, I am aware I can setup my own private xmarks server, but I don't want the headache of having to maintain my own server.
This question technically belongs in both superuser.com (because it is software that runs on your PC) as well as webapps.stackexchange.com (because the backend is a webapp), and I chose to post it here because I think this is really a better fit.