Are there any web applications that exist which aggregate events posted on third-party sites run by local artists, clubs, schools?
I find hundreds of event sites which store the information in their central database, but the problem with this model is:
- they make it difficult to get events listed so their content is limited
- if the organizer of the event cancels or changes the time/location/content, these sites are not informed and continue to post out-of-date information
I'm looking for a site which would run like this:
- small restaurant puts acoustic guitar concert for Friday night on their own website
- our Kindergarten is having a bake sale so I post it on my site
- Phil Collins is in town and is listed on the TicketMaster website
- the local high school lists all of their sporting events on their website
- all of these events show up automatically on aggregate website simply because at some previous time the above websites have registered once as a trusted event feed site.
Does anyone know of a site like this that exists?