Let me first describe the situation:
- We have a G Suite domain and groups for this domain
- The groups have an email address (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- People outside the domain and not a member of this group can mail something to email@example.com. This will appear in the group and the members of the group will get an email with that message.
What we want to do is to be able to answer the mail the members get, so that the answer is added in the group and the original poster receives the answer as a mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The problem arises when we try to do just that:
- If we just hit reply we send a mail to the group => the original poster doesn't get the answer.
- If we hit reply all the answer will get posted to the group and the original poster will get the answer, but the mail to the original poster comes from the member (e.g. email@example.com) and not from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would there be a solution to both put the answer in the group and send a mail to the original poster? This should be done in one action, and only via mail (not the webclient).