I have a large folder of images (PNGs) that I would like to convert to a Google Slides presentation (one image per slide). Currently, I have found only two workflows that can automate this process:
Workflow 1 (only if on a Windows machine):
- Use Powerpoint to batch import the images into a photo slideshow
- Save the Powerpoint slideshow and upload to Google Drive
- Convert to Google Slides.
This workflow doesn't work on a Mac, however, because Powerpoint for Mac inexplicably does not have the "batch import images into a photo slideshow" functionality. So:
Workflow 2 (if on a Mac):
- Use Keynote to batch import the images
- Export as a Powerpoint file
- Upload the Powerpoint file to Google Drive
- Convert to Google Slides
Both of these workflows seem absurdly cumbersome to me (especially the second one), but I have been unsuccessful at finding a simpler way to turn a bunch of images into a Google Slides presentation. Surely something as simple as this can be done, right?