I've got a Google Apps for Business account where 3 domains emails are managed.
One of the domains emails I want to move to another provider.
My current thought was to :
- Create the email account with the new provider
- Setup the IMAP and SMTP settings for the account in a desktop email client like mac mail (where I would also have the google apps email account of the same name setup)
- Manually drag and drop the emails from the Google Apps account to the new IMAP account
- Once above complete, I would change the MX records with my host (the domain is not hosted with Google) to point to the new IMAP account and away from Google apps.
- Delete the account from Google Apps (I could keep the email account with Google Apps, but in this instance part of the reason for the move is to completely remove the account from Google Apps)
Question: I still want to use my Google account (single sign on, etc.) with the email address I move. If I delete the Google account as per step 5 above will I lose all the data stored with my Google account or can I transfer the Google Apps account to a standard Google account without Google Apps hosted email?