I have a Google Drive folder that I want to share with 2 more people. However I would like to restrict one the folders. So let's say we have John and Josh, how can I can I share the whole google drive folder with John and Josh and only a sub-folder within the drive with Josh?
You should be able to share the whole drive (larger directory/folder) with both of them, then remove Josh from the sub-directory specifically.
- Share the larger directory with both of them.
- Navigate to the parent directory of the sub-directory you don't want to share with Josh.
- Select the sub-directory you want to hide from Josh.
- Click the "Share directory name" button (the person icon with the plus sign) or right click then click "Share".
- Click "Shared with John and Josh" (under where you can invite people to the directory).
- Click the "X" by Josh's name.
I tested this approach and it worked well!