I'm struggling to set up a Gmail account to “send as and receive as” a different email. Right now, I can “send mail as,” but for no apparent reason, the email refuses to receive anything sent to it.
- This is a separate non-Gmail account (it's a cPanel/Dovecot account), and it's not set up via G Suite.
- I know for a fact that emails are making it to the first email account because I'm logged in via Thunderbird (which was the only way to confirm access anyhow).
- The server is in the form
- I was able to get “Check email from another account” to work, but this is not completely what I want, as it's very delayed (this is what I have as of now).
- I've also checked the spam and trash folders.
- Outgoing says: "Secured connection on port 587 using TLS"; Gmail offers no Incoming settings.
Am I forgetting something? Using the wrong ports? etc.
And are there no 'Incoming Server' options for Gmail's 'send as' configuration?