Yes, per this WhatsApp page:
If you changed your phone number and kept your same BlackBerry, you
can change your number within WhatsApp. Before proceeding, make sure
that your current number is activated on your phone and that you can
receive SMS messages and phone calls.
Using the Change Number feature in WhatsApp will:
- Migrate your account information (including your profile information), groups and settings from your old phone number to your
new phone number; and
- Delete the account associated with your old phone number, so your contacts can no longer see your old phone number in their lists of
If you use our Change Number feature, your chat history will continue
to be available on your phone with the new phone number as long as you
continue using the same phone.
Please make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number
saved in their phone’s address books to ensure a seamless messaging
This situation presumes that you still have access to your WhatsApp account.
If you have a new SIM, here's the process recommended by WhatsApp (see page):
To change your phone number within WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Insert the new SIM card with the new number into your device.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Check if your old phone number is currently verified. You can see what number is verified in WhatsApp by navigating to WhatsApp >
Menu Button > Settings and tapping on your profile photo.
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Account > Change number.
- Enter your old phone number in the top box.
- Enter your new phone number in the bottom box.
- Tap Done at the top of the screen.
- You will be prompted to verify your new phone number.
This page has additional information your various varieties of phone types (iOS, Android, etc.).