In certain cases, MEGA.NZ shows "undecrypted files" or "undecrypted folders" and it seems impossible to access them. I seems to happen, when there are multiple users involved:
- User A creates a folder and shares it with User B and C. (Full access is granted in order to enable using the SyncClient on Windows.)
- User B creates a sub-bolder (or file) in the shared folder.
- User C gets this new file or folder displayed as "undecrypted" (in the web interface)
- At the same time, user A can access it normally.
The undecrypted file or folder is invisible to the Sync Client. Nearby the undecrypted folder, MEGA indicates, that it would be decrypted as soon as the key would became available, and this would happen, as soon as the owner of the file or folder logs in again. But this seems to be not correct. I've seen that all the users (A, B, and C) are logged in at the same time, and it still shows the entities as undecrypted.
Actually, as soon as User A moves the file or folder to another location, it gets decrypted.
Currently I work around this problem in the following way:
- After user B or C uploads something, he has to call user A on the phone.
- User A moves the item to another location and back to its original location again.
- Then it is available for all three users.
I don't like phone calls to announce that a new item is available in a shared folder.
Is there any way to do this more easily?