I've been having this annoying problem for quite a few months now.
If I am using Google Chrome (tested on a Mac and on Arch Linux), and I am also logged into my Google Account, if I go to https://google.com/maps , the map loads, but after a few milliseconds, just before the webapp finishes rendering, the map goes blank. I've done a screencast to explain:
- This does not happen if I am not logged into my Google Account.
- This also doesn't happen on Firefox.
- I have not tested on Windows, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same.
- I've also tried logging in while on an incognito session, and the problem reappears.
- I've tried disabling all extensions and clearing the cache. Same result.
- This does not happen if I log into two other different Google Accounts.