Is it possible to rotate (90 degrees) already uploaded videos on YouTube?
It is not possible to rotate existing videos without re-uploading.
As of 22 August 2018, most of the video editing features were removed from YouTube. You are expected to use a separate video editing tool for most things.
If you have uploaded a video and afterwards decide you should have rotated it, you will need to use a video editor to rotate the original and re-upload. If you no longer have the original you can download the video from your YouTube account and follow the same edit/re-upload process.
You can view the full post from Jordan on the YouTube Help Forum, but here are the relevant details:
As of August 22, the following will no longer be available in Creator Studio Classic:
Note: Any videos published with enhancements before August 22 will not be affected. Also, we’re not planning to bring the below classic Enhancement features to YouTube Studio beta.
- Fill Light
- Color Temperature
- Slow Motion
Features that will still be available in Creator Studio Classic (and coming soon to YouTube Studio beta):
- Blur faces
- Custom Blurring
Seeing how rotation has been stripped from Creator Classic, I thought this would be helpful here. I found a way to enable the native rotation buttons by modifying the element in Creator Classic.
Here are the steps:
- Go to YouTube's Creator Classic
- Go to Video Manager
- Go to Enhancements
- Right click on the "Trim" button and choose "Inspect"
- A new window will popup highlighting the element you selected. Just below the line that's selected, you'll see this tag with this element: hidden="true"
- Double click to enter edit mode.
- Simply delete hidden="true" and press enter.
The rotate buttons will appear and now you can use them as normal. I suspect this will no longer be possible once YouTube completely switches over to the new Creator Studio in 2019, but...works for now!
If that explanation was not detailed enough, see it in action in my quick tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDFNQiGZTKY.
Now you can rotate your video using the video enhancer: in My videos, select Enhancements from the menu below your video, then use the rotation icons.
Yes, it's possible even without re-uploading the video:
- add this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/
- set the angles of rotation
you can use an extension for that:
- install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/
- see demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4aFy3YVhU
or you can use brute js force (works for any site):
- press CTRL + SHIFT + C
- press ENTER