So I have a situation where I am trying to find a particular image another user posted on facebook and I know I commented on this post/image a few times.

It was quite awhile ago and hence going through their feed isn't really all that practical.

So I know you can look at your "Activity Log" to find all comments you made for example, but how about filtering them by user; so you can see all comments you made to one particular users posts - or anything else that may help me find this post/image.

1 Answer 1


You can use a Facebook search


  • /USER_1_ID/stories-commented/ Retrieve posts you commented
  • /USER_2_ID/stories/ Retrieve posts by friend
  • /intersect Find similar
  • What do you mean by user id? Do you mean an integer value? Not something like this: bob.smith.77 ? As I tried that last format but it didn't work, but unsure how to get the user id.
    – Brett
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 20:19
  • 1
    Ok, I found an external service that helped me find my id; but perhaps you could provide info on this in your answer to help anyone else reading this out.
    – Brett
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 20:29
  • 1
    Ok...... once I figured this out, it appeared to work; but it doesn't appear to be showing everything, only a handful of things, definitely not everything.
    – Brett
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 20:33
  • @Brett Does switching the order of the search parameters change the results? i.e. USER_2_ID/stories/USER_1_ID/stories-commented/intersect
    – freginold
    Commented Mar 15, 2018 at 11:06
  • It was quite awhile ago I don't know the context of your problem, in general, the search works for me. It's not the supported way to do what you're asking for because there is no supported way to do it natively in Facebook. your mileage may vary and all that jazz
    – phwd
    Commented Mar 15, 2018 at 11:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.