Until Trello supports better bulk actions, you have a few options.
- Hover your mouse over a card
- Hit the A key to pop open the assign member dialog
- Type the member's name
- Hit Esc to close the dialog
- Hit J to jump to the next card
- Repeat steps 2 to 5
Here's how that works in action
You can assign yourself by hovering over a card and hitting Space
Import Cards with Mail Merge
If you know who needs to be assigned to cards in advance, you can import cards into Trello using the native Email to Board functionality.
- Copy the email address of the list you want to import cards into from Menu > More > Email-to-board settings
- Prepare a spreadsheet with headers for
- Under the
email header paste the email address you copied from Trello earlier and fill that down for as many cards are you plan to import
- Fill in as many rows on the sheet as you need for the all the tasks you plan to import
- Under the
members header you only need to enter the
@username of the person you want the card assigned to
- Export the sheet as a csv and then use your email client's mail merge option to bulk email tasks into Trello
Your prepared spreadsheet would look something like this.
Here's an example using Gmail and Google Sheets to bulk import what's in the spreadsheet. You can also use Thunderbird with LibreOffice Calc, or Outlook with Excel, etc.
Multi-select for Trello
If you are using Google Chrome, you can buy a license for Multiselect for Trello a Chrome extension that makes batch actions on Trello easy.
- Select a few cards you want to assign someone to
- Click the Actions and the Members
- Select the member and then Assign
Here's that in action