Amazon.com shows the book covers in high quality but I couldn't manage to save those images in my computer. Is there a way to save those images in high resolution?
Finally I found it here: Abusing Amazon images.
- Install FireBug Lite (a bookmarklet).
- Open up the cover of the page you want to view in Amazon.
- Press the bookmarklet.
- Press Inspect (top left of the bookmarklet)
- Press on the image.
- Underneath the highlighted line, you will see an
imgwith a source attribute that starts with
- Navigate to the
http://version of this url (e.g.
Ok. I found an easy way using Firefox 25.0.1 (newest version).
It is a bit of a pain though.
- navigate to an amazon page.
Select the picture you want. Hover your mouse of the small picture. The large image will rollover on the right.
- Right click. Select save page as.
- navigate to that fold firefox made.
- sort the folder by dimensions.
- open up or move the jpg image that is the largest. usually about 1000x1000
if you have any other ides i would love to hear.
Here are steps to get an image at least 500px tall or wide.
- Right click on the image and choose "Copy image URL" (or your browser's equivalent).
- Open a new tab and past the URL into the address bar.
- Now delete all characters in between the first
.of the file name and the
jpgat the end.
For example, this is the starting image url.
This is the larger version of the image.
Here's a Jing Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/NTBlOTc5YTc