When I look at the keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs, there are shortcuts listed to move forward and backwards between misspelt words, which work.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to fix a misspelt word?

Right now, I find myself having to use my mouse to right click on the word and then scroll up to select the spelling.

Is there any keyboard shortcut that just replaces the spelling with the correct word?

  • This question on Super User is essentially the same as mine.
    – Pro Q
    Commented Jul 24, 2018 at 19:31

1 Answer 1


depends if you have a good keyboard. there is so-called Menu Key and usually sits on the right side next to RIGHT CTRL key - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key

however, if you don't have anything like that on your keyboard you can use a shortcut for that which is SHIFT + F10

so the final combo should be:

  • CTRL + ' / CTRL + ; ... ≣ MENU KEY ... ARROW DOWN ... ENTER
  • CTRL + ' / CTRL + ; ... SHIFT + F10 ... ARROW DOWN ... ENTER

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.