I've tried other solutions to change the default Gmail account but they have only worked temporarily on Chrome. My Chrome is set to sync with the account with email A (and I want it to stay that way) but I want my default Gmail account to be email B. Is that possible?
closest you can get is to set your Account B as "another person". then you will be:
- signed in into Account A (not necessarily - you can log out and still be synched with Chrome)
- signed in into Account B at the same time and use it as default
to set it up:
- click on that button on top right of the browser (shown on image)
- window opens and then click on ADD PERSON
- when done just login into your Gmail from "new person" and stay logged in