I've produced an Excel table with hyperlinks in cells from sheets to other sheets. I can't share the Excel document because its confidential but the anomalies are very unusual.
One cell contains
 which links to a cell in sheet
papers!A11 But when uploaded to Google Drive this appears as the words
papers!A11 instead of
 as in the original Windows 10 generated XLSX file.
Then there are multiple occurrences of a reference
[s1 ref 147-150] that link to another sheet, however, these appear in the uploaded XLSX as
 which is completely wrong, but they link to the correct cells on the other end.
My main issue is that I have to keep working on the Windows 10 version and periodically upload to Google Drive but it gets mangled every time.
Has anyone found this to happen and is there a solution to stop it from happening? I do think that the
[s1 ref 147-150] links mentioned above were probably originally clones of
 and this caused the anomaly somehow but I've no idea how to get rid of it.
I've just found a partial fix and part of the problem:
I found that if I erase the secondary cells containing
 and retype them and regenerate the hyperlinks the anomalies go away. However, if I try to delete the first occurrence of
 in the first sheet it appears in and retypes, I see that no matter what I do, the text will always be underlined as if Excel thinks its a hyperlink. This is wrong. So, it must be the source of the problem. This would explain why Google Docs shows
papers!a1 instead of the link. This further suggests that Excel contains the bug and not Google Drive.