I was recently trying to clean up my Inbox. When I did that, I used filters to clear out all messages and apply them to the correct label.
While setting up a particular filter, Gmail crashed. I hit "reload", completed my filter, and applied it to all existing messages. However, when the page reloaded, it cleared the "search" portion of the filter. So, the filter was applied to every single message in my Gmail account.
How do I undo this without losing all of my messages?
Here is the filter that was applied:
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Receipts & Online Orders"
All I really want to do is apply a filter that says:
- Search label="Receipts & Online Orders"
- Undo Archive (skip inbox)
- Remove label "Receipts & Online Orders"
Problems I've encountered so far:
- I cannot undo archive
- I cannot "remove" a label using filters
- If I simply delete the label "Receipts & Online Orders", all of my messages are off in "archive" land, even if they had other labels.