I'm getting email notifications, but no pop-ups on Windows-10 desktop (in Chrome), and nothing on my Android smart phone. I'm afraid to missing meetings now after relying on this feature.
I think there is some issue with your browser's setting.
From Calendar Help:
Didn’t get a notification
- First, make sure notifications are turned on for your calendar using the steps Turn notifications on or off.
- Check that you’ve chosen to show notifications in your browser’s permission settings. If not, turn on desktop notifications.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- At the bottom of the page click Advanced (Down Arrow).
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Next to "Allow," click Add.
- Enter calendar.google.com and then click Add.